Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy New Year!


Lily always decorates her dresser top for the current season/holiday. She wanted me to see her assemblage for CNY today. The green box holds their Starlite Mints. She is not a doll person but she spent her own money to buy the Chinese Barbie. I am so happy the girls are both so proud of their Chinese heritage. I have promised them I will do my best to get them to the High Museum of Art to see the Terra Cotta Warriors before they leave this April. Hoping for one good eye by then and that I can see to drive with it! After these last few months stuck at home, they deserve a very special treat!

6 comments:

  1. I am hoping also that you get to see the terracotta warriors, they came to Australia but I missed seeing them. I will just have to visit China one day. It is a lovely display that Lily has created.
    http://mollyandcoffee.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilly, I love your decorations! Hope you're seeing soon and can go see the terracotta wariors. That would be really cool for the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're hoping to go one Sunday soon-maybe you can ride up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Lily's display, very nice!! Oh I am so jeallous you might get to go see the Warriors. I would LOVE to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful CNY assemblage, Lily! And you talking about the terracotta warriors reminded me some of them are in Belgium right now, also until April I think. I need to check it but we are going to see them too. I really hope you will be able to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is darling that she decorates her dresser! It looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete