Monday, January 12, 2009

Cabin Fever




I am embarrassed to post more pet photos lest I seem obsessive, but that is what the girls took! We really don't get to do anything anymore as I work my way through getting in better health to be approved for cataract surgery and until then cannot drive, so we are thankful for our dogs and cats and birds to share our homebound days and make them more interesting. I'm so glad I rather irresponsibly took on a new pet this summer in this difficult financial time - you can look at the beaming face above and see why it was worth it - A girl and her dog, nothing better than that!

I found a good dog quote the other day that will show up on a scrapbook page soon -
"Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives. Yet, if they find warmth therein, who would grudge them those years that they have so guarded? Nothing else of us can they take to lie upon with outstretched paws, and chin pressed to the ground; and, whatever they take, be sure they have deserved."
John Galsworthy

4 comments:

  1. I love this quote Jan. And pictures of your girls with your pets are thoroughly enjoyable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally am loving the pet photos as much as the ones of the girls and the ones with both are even better. Remember this project is for YOU not us so you use whatever photos make you happy and will help you remember 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, I ditto Sarah, and I ditto Dawn. Make no apologies for your subject matter. I totally enjoy the photos of your girls and your pets, not that it matters what I think. Your blog is for you!

    I also love how your girls are getting involved. Yay for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quote is amazing--I'll have to use it on a LO as well. I think it's neat how your daughters are such doting stewards of their animal companions. There is clearly such love shown in these photos!

    ReplyDelete