Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hallelujah! Approved for surgery!


Well after many months that seemed like years the doctor filled out the surgery approval today! And other good news is that my cholesterol was 164 and my triglycerides were low, which he said was unusual in diabetics. The only thing was my good cholesterol was too low so I have to exercise more vigorously - he said to stop talking while we are walking and walk very fast. Lily won't like that one!

He was reluctant to fill out the form, which the girls are proudly displaying, since I have to requalify for the surgery coverage through Lions/Lighthouse and he said it may expire - only good for 30 days - but I told him I was not leaving without my form filled out! And I mean it! They are going to do thyroid labs but I don't have to go back for three months - after going every two weeks and in some cases every week for a long time this is like a holiday! WAHOO! I felt like a 2000-pound load had fallen off my shoulders! As you can see the girls also are quite giddy with excitement - vision is in sight again - pun intended! Or at least half vision. I am thinking and hoping I can drive at leaast in the daytime when they do one cataract - I sure hope so as he won't take out the second one for two months after the first, and he is doing the better eye first as he thinks the eye that is completely blind is a poor candidate and he may have to do a second surgery on it. But bridges to cross later. For now, I am ecstatic!

10 comments:

  1. HALLELUJAH INDEED!!! This is FANTASTIC news, I'm so excited for you!!!! Praying everying comes together for this to happen SOON!!!

    GREAT photo to celebrate the big news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news Jan!! I'm so happy for you. My Mom had cataract surgery and now sees better then I do.

    Prayers and Good thoughts headed your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee! I am so happy for you all. Best of luck and you are all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news Jan. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HALLELUIA!!!! Oh, I am sooooo happy for you, Jan!!! Get thee on the phone to Lighthouse and see if you can swing another miracle!!

    REJOICE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go, Jan! That is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful news, Jan!! Hope you can get the surgery scheduled SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jan, I'm crying!!! I'm so happy for you! This is soooooo wonderful news!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. TREMENDOUS news!!! I can think of no better way to enter the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jan,. I just got back and I'm catching up. This is fantastic news! I had this surgery right after Cadi came home. Goona be a breeze and an answer to prayer!

    ReplyDelete